As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we know that the safety of you and your family is your top priority. We understand that this is an essential time for everyone, but please know that we are here if you need us.
I wanted to let you know that we are vigilantly implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety. We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the spread of the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet customer needs while doing our part to keep our clients, our employees, and our communities safe. Our Service Facilitators will continue to conduct visits with our clients virtually through video applications like FaceTime, GoTo Meeting, Zoom, Duo, etc. through at least May.
We are still open for business and are taking the necessary precaution to lessen the risk of transmitting COVID-19 in our facility. Here are a few things we’re doing to help mitigate the risk of transmission:
- Service Facilitators for Consumer Directed (CD) clients will still make home visits but are encouraged to minimize contact with individuals and lessen time in location.
- Agency Directed Aides/employees will wear gloves. We encourage CD Aides to do the same.
- Cleaning efforts will be maximized.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to employees.
- Employees showing cold symptoms are not allowed on the HQ site or in clients’ residences and encouraged to take advantage of their sick leave.
- Service Facilitators are not allowed to have handshakes, hugs, touches, and all physical contact.
At this point, everything at our agency appears normal. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you if anything changes.
To schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, please “google” the contact details and call Rappahannock Area Health Department (RAHD), your local pharmacy, or CVS.